[Live-devel] Streaming past a firewall.

Neil Alexander nalex at hand-off.com
Wed Oct 12 10:33:13 PDT 2005

On Oct 12, 2005, at 2:37 AM, Eric Peters wrote:

> At the moment I'm testing my own streaming server, a distributed
> streaming
> server, and I have some problems with the current Quicktime Player.
> If I try to
> connect I get only a "400: Bad Request". All other players like
> vlc, RealPlayer
> or mplayer are working fine.

Hmm. That's interesting. I know that the server is working on the LAN
- it just can't get past the router. I put in the debug info, and
find that the actual play request uses the static IP and not the
machine's local IP and therefore doesn't work. It starts a session,
sets it up, then stalls because the play command uses the "wrong" IP.

I guess I'll have to write a client using Live's stuff?

I was just trying to leverage a *lot* of code I had lying around.

*sigh*

Neil Alexander