[Live-devel] QuickTime Player differences

Neil Alexander nalex at hand-off.com
Fri Sep 23 18:20:08 PDT 2005

Hello,

My application is based on the on-demand rtsp server. I have several
live streams working fine within the LAN.

I am attempting to get it to the outside world, and doing some
experiments.

I'm using the QT Player as my verifier. For experimentation purposes,
I have assigned my streamer computer as the destination of my
router's DMZ. I look up my IP, and use that.

Anyway, when the rtsp server is up and  running, the QTPlayer does
its, "Waiting for media..." 8 second countdown, switches transports,
then ends with "bad request".

This is different from typing in a bad address. What is going on? It
seems to see the server, but cannot get the actual media. I don't
understand. All ports are open.

Is a relay required? I thought I was doing that with the DMZ on my
router.

Any help would be appreciated.

As an aside, it's cool to see 4 live video streams working after so
long!

Neil Alexander