[Live-devel] QuickTime Player differences

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Sep 23 22:25:30 PDT 2005

>My application is based on the on-demand rtsp server. I have several
>live streams working fine within the LAN.
>
>I am attempting to get it to the outside world, and doing some
>experiments.
>
>I'm using the QT Player as my verifier. For experimentation purposes,
>I have assigned my streamer computer as the destination of my
>router's DMZ. I look up my IP, and use that.
>
>Anyway, when the rtsp server is up and  running, the QTPlayer does
>its, "Waiting for media..." 8 second countdown, switches transports,
>then ends with "bad request".

Try turning on debug printing in the RTSP server.  To do this, add
         #define DEBUG 1
to "RTSPServer.cpp", just after the "#include"s, and recompile.

This will show you the RTSP protocol exchange which may help you
figure out what's going wrong.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>