[Live-devel] Patch : Scheduling a task to occur after a delay expressed in seconds and microseconds

David BERTRAND bidibulle at operamail.com
Thu Feb 9 09:58:40 PST 2006

Ross,

When using UsageEnvironment::scheduleDelayedTask(int microseconds, ...) from liveMedia library, you cannot schedule an event to occur later than 2147 seconds in the future (+- 35 minutes) because when converting this time in microseconds you reach the maximum int value for a 32-bit system (2147483647). This was not enough for me so I added the possibility to schedule an event by specifying delay in seconds and microseconds. Now the new maximum time in the future for an event is around 24855 days. I would be pleased if you could consider this for future releases of the library. I attached my patch to this email.
Thanks
David