[Live-devel] a problem with the PAUSE option

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Feb 9 08:52:31 PST 2006

>I use the testOnDemandRTSPServer example of livemedia(latest
>version) as the server part, and a vlc(latest version) as the client
>part to play files through a small network, however, when playing a
>.ts file, it cannot be paused while pausing other types of files
>(such as .mp3, .mpeg etc) works well.
>Somebody sais it's the problem of the livemedia, cause the PAUSE
>option is a server option in RTSP.
>Would you please tell me whether livemedia support the PAUSE option
>when playing a .ts file in the network? Or do you have any
>suggestion? Which part of the source codes should I read to solve this problem?

This is a problem with VLC, not with the "LIVE555 Streaming Media"
code.  For some reason, VLC does not send the RTSP "PAUSE" command
when the pause button is pressed when playing a MPEG Transport RTSP Stream.

You will need to ask about this on a VLC mailing list, because this
is not our bug.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>