[Live-devel] Misroute of RTCP RR Packet from RTSP Client

Ryan Wong ryan.wong at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 17:46:16 PST 2006

Hi,

I am puzzled with this situation:
I am using testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer as RTSP server and mplayer as RTSP
client.
The destination address of the RTCP RR packets sent by the RTSP client is
ALWAYS its own IP address. (as observed in Ethereal)
I switched the RTSP client to VLC and the same thing happened again.

The only modification I did to testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer was addition
of RRHandler which processes the RTCP RR reports. At the client side
(mplayer or VLC), I have not change any code yet. Is this a bug?

Thanks!

Ryan