[Live-devel] CPU usage abnormalities

Cyrille Colin ccolin at nortel.com
Mon Feb 20 17:41:52 PST 2006

If I remember well RTCP network resource usage is RECOMMENDED to be 5%
of session bandwidth (RFC 3550), and is generally less than that if
bandwidth delimiter are present. Session bandwidth can be advertised in
SDP (b=.. in the session subsection), otherwise the client may do its
own calculation, typically when the medium bandwidth is deterministic.

So no idea what this implementation does, but there are usually
algorithms. Maybe you could have a look at them ?

In any case 80% is weird.  Would you have an ethereal trace you could
share ?

Cyrille