[Live-devel] CPU usage abnormalities

Michael Kostukov the-bishop at rogers.com
Mon Feb 20 11:15:43 PST 2006

Yes, it was definitely RTCP implementation that was causing the
problems. I disabled RTCP in both client and server (created subsessions
with NULL passed for RTCP instance). The result- 0% CPU on server side
and 60% CPU usage drop on client side. PLUS - 80% less network traffic
(!). Most of CPU usage and bandwidth usage was due to RTCP
implementation doing something really wrong... Am I missing something?
Is RTCP EVER supposed to use that many resources?

Cheers,

Michael