[Live-devel] RTP to RTCP for Helix

arcon media arcon-media at gmx.net
Thu Jul 20 23:38:36 PDT 2006

Hello,

I use the VLC of videolan.org as Encoder for Live streams. These streams are
then sent as RTP. These Live streams shall be sent to a helix server.
Unfortunately, the VLC cannot make any RTCP packages. These are needed by
the helix server.

The Helixcommuntity wrote me:
"You could write a program that receives and relays VLC's RTP packets to the
server and generates appropriate RTCP packets and sends those, too. "

Is this possible with live libraries?

Can I make one kind of transducer with the help of live libraries after the
VLC? How can I solve the task with the help of live libraries?

Thank you for your help.

Brian