[Live-devel] Network Problem

Richard Monette richard.monette at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 06:28:51 PDT 2006

On 6/7/06, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

> At 12:17 PM 6/7/2006, you wrote:
> >I ran the openRTSP example using -V and it works fine. Strange, must
> >be something to do with the QuickTime player I am using. Another
> >quick question - I see in the openRTSP example it is possible to get
> >the QoS metrics reported. Is it possible to turn these on within the
> >testOnDemandRTSPServer?
>
> These are just reported by the client, and don't need any special
> server support.  You'll get them automatically, provided that you are
> receiving RTCP.
>
> >On a completely different tact, I have extensive experience working
> >with PHP and MySQL . Would it be possible to work together on making
> >the archives searchable?
>
> Possibly, although note that the archives are generated by (and
> accessed through) "mailman", so you should look at whatever
> approaches other mailman sites have used to search their archives.
>

>         Ross Finlayson
>         Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
>         <http://www.live555.com/>

Seems like the easiest way to search the archives is just to use Google and
define the site you want to search within. For example,

your keywords site:http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/

Seems to work alright. You could probably prevent a lot of 're-posting' by
letting people know such a search is possible.

I am using XP, Ill take a look at the software firewall settings today.

Richard E. Monette