[Live-devel] Rgd playing mp3 stream in Linux FC6.

sanjay kumar gupta sanjay417 at rediffmail.com
Tue Feb 13 09:59:36 PST 2007

  Hi Ross,
   Thanks for your reply. My simple mp3 player application is based on gstreamer (using elements like filesrc, decodebin,alsasink etc) which takes mp3 file name as input. so I think it can not read from stdin & play the mp3 stream.
 Though VLC media player is good option but we are not allowed to use these player as mentioned in the assignment.
So we want to read the RTP media data using library, decode it and play the mp3 decoded data. I read that SDL_sound library can be used to decode the buffer and can be played the decode raw data.
Currently openRTSP is using sink classes to write the data into given file name (file or stdout).
can we get the rtp data buffer directly (may be in some callback)using live media library rather than writing it to file or stdout so that I can manage this buffer in some data structure (e.g. list) and will try to play using SDL sound library parallely.  dont know if this idea will work.
Please give some idea if you have any. Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Sanjay