[Live-devel] development request

DNA STUDIOS s.r.l. info at dnastudios.it
Wed Jan 10 14:07:53 PST 2007

Hi, we have a business site of video on demand in Italy; we use Darwin
Streaming Server and a reduced and recompiled version of
VLC as player.
The problem is that the seeking does not work fine, practically DSS is
perfectly compatible with Quick Time but not with VLC.
Personally we think that DSS (and QuickTime) does not follow the RFC of
the RTP/RTSP protocol and this thing is intentional from Apple; we need
to modify DSS or still better VLC in way that server and client dialogue
perfectly like DSS and QuickTime.

We would want know if someone can resolve the problem (modifying DSS or
VLC) and how many would cost to us.

Thanks in advance.