[Live-devel] H.264 payload

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Jan 21 15:18:48 PST 2007

>I have done a simple framer to frame h.264 frames into rtp frame. I
>am working on the h264streamer and have a few questions.
>
>1) videoSink = h264VideoRTPSink::createNew(*env, &rtpGroupsock, payload);
>
>I understand that h.264, unlike h.263, did not have a defined
>payload format by RTP body. It was mentioned that the payload of
>h.264 is dynamic. How do I assign the value for the payload in the
>above statement?

It should be some value >= 96, so 96 is a good choice.

(Note that if you're implementing a subclass of
"OnDemandServerMediaSubsession", then you shouldn't have to care
about this, because the 'payloadFormat' parameter to
"createNewRTPSink()" virtual function is passed automatically by the
"OnDemandServerMediaSubsession" code.)