[Live-devel] How to play the streaming content

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 23 22:59:43 PST 2007

>Hi Ross
>I am getting the sreaming data from Helix server and streaming data
>ia being recvd by the openRtsp client.
>my objective is to send this data to some other application to play
>the stream.
>
>MultiFramedRTPSource::networkReadHandler() function is parsing the
>rtp Data .parsing includes
>ignoring header extension,padding and checking for the rtp pay load type.

This is irrelevant.  You don't need to care how that code works.

>can we directly send the remianing data to some other application
>that is responsible for playing the Data

Sure.  If you're receiving only video, then use the "-v" option to
"openRTSP", and pipe the output (video data) to the other application
(which will read from 'stdin').  Similarly, if you're receiving only
audio, then use the "-a" option to "openRTSP", and pipe the output
(audio data) to the other application (which will read from 'stdin').

If you're receiving both video and audio, then you will need to
modifiy the code to use new 'sink' objects (instead of "FileSink"
objects).