[Live-devel] Virtual Memory issues in client side

Mallikharjuna Reddy (NAVT) ymreddy at ssdi.sharp.co.in
Wed Jan 31 22:32:01 PST 2007

Hi Everybody,

We are using test programs testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.cpp and
testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver.cpp to stream MPEG II files from server to client.
We are streaming MPEG files continuously from server to client, i.e. server
will stream the same MPEG file to the client continuously. We are carrying
this test for checking performance and stress on the server and the client.
We were using the code base dated on 27th October 2006 and ran these tests
and found that both server and client are running successfully for 5 days.
We terminated both server and client gracefully. We are running these tests
on Windows XP platform.

When we upgrade the code base to dated on 17th January 2007, we found a
problem with the client. The client reports a virtual memory issue after
running the stream for 10 minutes. The client configuration is Pentium Dual
Processor with 2.80 GHz and 1 GB RAM.

Any clues on this, why its happening.

Thanks and Regards
Y. Mallikharjuna Reddy