[Live-devel] RTP Sequence number - alternating values

Christian Frahm frahm.c at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 12 06:46:56 PDT 2007

Thanks for the answer Ross. I will make myself a bit more clear to state the
case.

I am streaming a sequence of PES (both audio and video). I use the demux
class to stream audio and video separatelly ( audio to IP port 7777 and
video to 8888). I am using a dedicated network - so all traffic to that port
must  be generated by the LiveMedia server.

At port 7777 - audio can be received and decoded successfully.

At port 8888, video was "jiggy". So ran some network traces with Wireshark.
RTP packets DO get sent in port 8888. However, as I have stated before, the
RTP sequence number is not continuous - and alternates. Secondly - I have
also observed some RTP packets in port 8888 with payload 72!

With video - the Demux is connected to a discrete framer, which is connected
to a RTP Sink (just like the VOB Streamer code...).

Does anyone have any idea why this could happen? Why is my RTP sink
generating bad sequence numbers? What about the RTP packets with payload 72!
They must be coming from the same RTPSink and Framer... but how can that
happen!?

Thanks!