[Live-devel] Demux does not demultiplex PES larger than 65KB

Christian Frahm frahm.c at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 15 05:17:53 PDT 2007

Hello everyone,

A while ago I wrote to this list with a interesting question:
We are trying to Stream DVB-T MPEG-TS signals. The problem we encountered is
that the DEMUX class cannot handle PES which are either:

1) larger than 65KB
2) have their size set to zero (this is allowed according to the standard).

I have tried to understand why this is happening - but had no luck. I did
find out that the Demux class reads the Size field in the PES header. But
the standard says that PES size is optional.

Is it really so that the Demux cannot handle big PES?

I am either thinking about modifying the Demux class or splitting PES (which
bring other problems).

Thanks!
Christian
P.S. When I say the Demux cannot handle - I mean that it recognizes the PES,
outputs a warning of type "incorrect size" - and never returns when I call
it by invoking FramedSource::afterGetting(this). If it doenst return - it
means it hasnt been able to forward what I have just given... or no?. But
where does it hang!? Is it the MPEG1or2VideoFramer that cannot handle this?
Or the DiscreteFramer!?