[Live-devel] Problem in sending PAUSE and then PLAY request in openrtsp

Nitin Jain jnitin at ssdi.sharp.co.in
Mon Jul 23 21:28:10 PDT 2007

Hi all,

We are using openRTSP Client to receive mpeg2 streams. When we call PAUSE and then PLAY request during streaming then
 we observed function getResponse1() is getting called from two places simultaneously i.e.

1 ) from inside getResponse("PAUSE", bytesRead, responseCode, firstLine, nextLineStart) in pauseMediaSession() in RTSPClient.cpp

2)  bytesRead = getResponse1(readBuf, fResponseBufferSize) in incomingRequestHandler1() in RTSPClient.cpp.

Hence we cannot play the stream again after pausing because the readSocket call is blocking in getResponse1() function.

unsigned bytesReadNow   = readSocket(envir(), fInputSocketNum,  (unsigned char*)(responseBuffer+bytesRead),  1, fromAddress);

Please provide your feedback why its happening or we need to call the  pauseMediaSession()  function from some where else.

Thanks and Regards
Nitin