[Live-devel] ".mp4","m4e","TS" recording and streaming

Cristaldi Ambra Ambra.Cristaldi at elsagdatamat.com
Fri Jul 27 02:03:42 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm working with live555 library to do a client-server application, for
recording and streaming rtsp video flows.

I read in your forum and documentation that live555 can stream ".m4e"
video file, but not ".mp4".

However, if I produce ".mp4" files, setting the flag "-4" in the
openRTSP program (as I read in the documentation), I can still stream it
using both VLC and "live555MediaServer.exe" application. Is it possible?
There is any incoherence in this?

Finally, my last question is: is it possible recording in ".ts"
container, with MPEG-4 encoding?

Thanks a lot.

Ambra Cristaldi