[Live-devel] MPEG 2 TS streaming at pre encoded bit rate over LAN

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 27 02:24:38 PDT 2007

>Say i have one MPEG 2 TS stream ( stream1.ts encoded at 5.00 Mbps)
>..and now i want to transmit it over lan at 5.00 Mbps.
>
>problem 1  : how do i get to know the bit rate from given TS stream?

Our software does this automatically for you (using the
"MPEG2TransportStreamFramer" class).  E.g., just use our existing
"testMPEG2TransportStreamer" demo application (for muilticast
streaming), or "testOnDemandRTSPServer" or "live555MediaServer"
applications (for unicast streaming).

ps. This mailing list is specifically for questions about the
"LIVE555 Streaming Media" software, not for general questions about
the MPEG Transport Stream format.