[Live-devel] MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer Question

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 27 06:34:40 PDT 2007

>The video data being received over the socket would need to be written
>to a file as well as sent to the indexing object.

Is your incoming Transport Stream data (received over a socket) raw
data, rather than RTP-encapsulated data?  If so, I would just handle
this using pipes and (e.g.) the Unix "tee" and "nc" commands - then
you could use the existing "ByteStreamFileSource" object, but with a
'file name' of "stdin".

E.g., run
	nc some-params | tee your-output-file-name | your-indexer-program

However, if you *insist* on using a "FramedSource" subclass for your
input, then should use "BasicUDPSource" if your data is raw data, and
a "SimpleRTPSource" if it's RTP-encapsulated data.