[Live-devel] Complete file not streamed

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Jun 3 22:37:40 PDT 2007

>Hi Ross
>Stream is of 144.159 seconds duration only; problem is server stops
>streaming the file after 60 seconds only

Well then that's a problem with your server - not our client!

As far as I can tell, our client is working perfectly.

What *might* be happening is that your server is expecting some
non-standard periodic keep-alive packets or requests from the client,
and if it doesn't receive any within 60 seconds, then the server
times out the session.  But again, that is a problem with your
server.  The standard way for a server to check the 'liveness' of a
client is via incoming RTCP "RR" packets (from the client).  Our
client sends such packets.

You need to contact the manufacturer of your server to ask them why
it's not working properly with our (IETF standard) client.