[Live-devel] Performance

David Betrand bidibulle at operamail.com
Mon Jun 4 01:18:45 PDT 2007

Hello Marc,

We use liveMedia library in a server-side application and we noticed the same performance issue with DelayQueue class. We tried to optimize it but couldn't get good results. Would you mind if I ask you to share your optimized code ? Ross, I understand your point regarding embedded sysytems but one solution could be to define a compilation flag which determines if STL classes can be used. This would allow using optimized code like what Marc did in DelayQueue, for server-side solutions which require very good performance.
Thanks for your feedback.
David