[Live-devel] Using the live555 to implement RTCP

Armando Ko armandopoulos at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 28 05:16:38 PDT 2007

Dear all,

my idea is to make 2 separates applikation one for RTP streamingserver (rtp.exe) for JPEG streaming and the second application ist for RTCP (rtcp.exe).

For do this i would write the SSRC from rtp.exe in a file and read it from this file with rtcp.exe. the connection point of both application is ssrc.

is that a good idea ?

Is possible to implement the rtcp.exe in a standalone application using the live555 ?
if yes how can i do that ? there is some example for do this ?

I had looked in the FAQ and testprograms but i can´t find a sample just for RTCP.

Thanks for giving me a hint about my idea.

Armando