[Live-devel] Using the live555 to implement RTCP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jun 28 14:09:15 PDT 2007

>my idea is to make 2 separates applikation one for RTP
>streamingserver (rtp.exe) for JPEG streaming and the second
>application ist for RTCP (rtcp.exe).

This is a really silly idea.  RTP and RTCP are not independent
protocols - for example, RTCP reports include statistics about RTP
packet loss.  It doesn't make any sense to implement RTP and RTCP as
separate applications.

Instead, your RTP server should include RTCP, which our existing code
does automatically (using the "RTCPInstance" class).