[Live-devel] Trick play on Amino 110

Gutenbrunner Martin martin.gutenbrunner at telekom.at
Wed Mar 7 06:44:19 PST 2007

>As for a "fix", would it be possible to add a feature that ensures that
not more than 5 (or something) I frames are transmitted per second, and
then just skip the rest? That would limit the bandwidth demand quite a
bit I would think, and could possibly make the frames more watchable.
Maybe even 3 is enough per second.

trick play does work with oracle video servers. does this mean that ovs
automatically reduces bandwith to make trick play possible?

is there anything I can do to find out, how ovs works? (ie ethereal
stream sniffing, etc)

thanks