[Live-devel] Trick play on Amino 110

Morgan Tørvolt morgan.torvolt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 07:06:24 PST 2007

> trick play does work with oracle video servers. does this mean that ovs
> automatically reduces bandwith to make trick play possible?

Yes, it should. It is a commercial video server, and the STB producers
and VOD server producers make it work somehow.

> is there anything I can do to find out, how ovs works? (ie ethereal
> stream sniffing, etc)

You could allways take a look at the stream it produces. You could
dump it to disk using VLC or live555s RTSPclient. To check the
bandwidht, you could do that while dumping it to disk. I am unsure if
VLC supports trick play yet though, and if OVS is standard compliant
enough to work with the mentioned clients.

-Morgan-