[Live-devel] Regarding JPEG Streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Mar 14 23:06:01 PDT 2007

>I am facing another problem, I read earlier mails and accordingly
>sent only data after header ( excluding complete header) , but I am
>able to see a blank (dark) screen on both Quicktime and VLC players.
>Also image is getting reconstructed properly using -m option with
>OpenRTSP client.

That's good, because it suggests that your RTSP/RTP streaming is working OK.

>  I have given some arbitrary QFactor but atleast it must show some
>graphics (may be wild ones). Can you tell me where I am going wrong.

Unfortunately not, because it seems the problem is with the media
player's decoder/renderer, rather than with the RTSP/RTP streaming.
I suggest looking into why VLC is not playing your stream properly
(e.g., by looking at the source code, and asking on VLC mailing
lists).