[Live-devel] Query for Live555 forum

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Mar 20 02:17:16 PDT 2007

>   Thank you very much for reply.I checked that audio video buffer size in
>the stb client is 64KB.I changed that valu upto
>   three times,and got the same result.What should be the size of the audio
>video buffer?

I don't know, but 64 kBytes is ridiculously small.  Any STB
manufacturer that builds such limited hardware in this day and age is
probably not going remain in business long...

One thing you could try is adjusting the timing parameters in the
"MPEG2TransportStreamFramer" code to try to compensate for your
brain-damaged client hardware.  E.g., you could try reducing
"MAX_PLAYOUT_BUFFER_DURATION" from 0.1 seconds to 0.05 seconds, or
even lower.