[Live-devel] Fw: Error message of VLC at starting...(libffmpeg_plugin.dll)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Nov 16 01:00:46 PST 2007

>In console vlc , we can read the following message :
>
>MultiFramedRTPSource::doGetNextFrame1():: The total received frame
>size exceeds the client's buffer size (65535) 643 bytes of trailing
>data will be dropped!

You need to turn on more debugging, so that you can see VLC-specific
diagnostic messages.  (Right now you're seeing only LIVE555-specific
diagnostic messages,)

The error above indicates only that the *first* received frame was
too big for the assigned buffer.  After that, VLC automatically
increases the buffer size (and prints out a diagnostic message to
this effect, which you should see if you increase the verbosity level
in VLC).

In any case, this is probably a VLC-related issue, not a "LIVE555
Streaming Media" issue.

>Sending request : TEARDOWN rtsp://localhost/jpegvideosource RTSP/1.0
>CSeq: 140
>Session: 111

This is just VLC closing the stream down when it ends.  It probably
has nothing to do with the earlier message.