[Live-devel] rtsp server and client module issues

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Nov 16 02:04:43 PST 2007

>1. RTSP client takes to long time to connect with new rtsp server
>and display image.
>     - It takes 3 sec.
>     - We expect it can be reduced to less than 1 sec.

Unfortunately I can't help you with your application code; you will
have to debug that yourself.  However, there is little delay built in
to the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code.  Therefore, the delay is
probably due to your application code.  My guess is that most of the
delay is probably caused by excessive buffering in your client player
application.

However, if you have full source code for your server and
application, you should be able to figure out exactly where the delay
is occurring.

>2. Sometimes, decoder gives this error message after connecting.
>     - QBoxFileSink: stream 2 drop cts 0x617e/8c6529f1 start 0xc2fd/18b4f988
>     - QBoxFileSink: stream 2 drop cts 0x617e/8c6535ab start 0xc2fd/18b4f988
>     - QBoxFileSink: stream 2 drop cts 0x617e/8c6535b2 start 0xc2fd/18b4f988
>     - QBoxFileSink: stream 2 drop cts 0x617e/8c65416d start 0xc2fd/18b4f988
>     - It fails to connect, at the end.

"QBoxFileSink" is not our software, so we can't help you with that.  Sorry.