[Live-devel] Regarding the live555 code in mplayer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Aug 21 01:40:23 PDT 2008

>      I am trying to use live555 as a server and client as mplayer.
>Also tried with some mp2 streams .
>mplayer I am able to play the streams properly. when streams reaches
>EOF then mplayer is hanging.
>I just do some debug and got that the mplayer hangs at demux_rtp.cpp
>file. It goes to an infinte loop there as
>waiting until the data available ? Can you suggest some method to avoid this..

When the stream ends, the server should be sending a RTCP "BYE"
packet, which your client (MPlayer) should be receiving.  That should
be telling it that the stream has ended.  If, however, the server is
not sending a RTCP "BYE", and is not closing the RTSP TCP connection,
then there's not much you can do - because it's not telling you that
the stream has ended.

Of course, If you really want to stop at this point, then just quit MPlayer :-)