[Live-devel] Creating a RTSP stream from DVB-T hardware card

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 11 22:09:19 PDT 2008

>>2/ If you enable "testMPEG2TransportStreamer"s built-in RTSP server
>>(by uncommenting the line
>>	#define IMPLEMENT_RTSP_SERVER 1
>>), then can VLC play the stream?
>>

>I have already enabled the RTSP server in my code.

I wasn't asking about your code; I was asking about mine :-)

You should check to see whether the original
"testMPEG2TransportStreamer" application - modified *only* by
enabling the built-in RTSP server - can stream to VLC (by opening the
"rtsp://" URL).

>>Try receiving the stream using the "openRTSP" client instead.
>>Check whether you receive a proper Transport Stream file (that you
>>can play, directly, using VLC).
>This isn't working either, i get a zero-length file.

Assuming that there's no firewall between "openRTSP" and your server,
then the problem is that your server is not streaming any data.
Because this is your code, you're going to have to figure this out
for yourself.