[Live-devel] how to stream G711 raw bit stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jun 2 08:04:04 PDT 2008

>I miss-typed, I meant to say that I couldn't find an example for
>streaming raw audio.

See "testWAVAudioStreamer", and notice how 'raw' PCM audio is
streamed (i.e., *without* conversion to u-law).  It is streamed as
the RTP media type "audio/L8" (for 8-bits-per-sample PCM audio), or
"audio/L16" (for the more common 16-bits-per-sample PCM audio).

Note that if you are streaming 16-bits-per-sample PCM audio which is
originally in 'little-endian' byte order, then you *must* byte-swap
it to 'big-endian' order before it gets sent out on the net.  Note in
the code how we do this using the "EndianSwap16" filter.