[Live-devel] Axis camera

Sigismondo Boschi s.boschi at totalwire.it
Mon Mar 31 04:07:26 PDT 2008

Cha Gascon wrote:
> I can connect and play the stream but after a while, it will stop
> streaming. When it actually stops is random, sometimes a few frames,
> sometimes after getting a lot of frames.
The axis camera sends a "BYE" after some time. I do not know whether it
is a bug or a feature... but for sure it is off-standard (the axis
server is not live555). Our own client, based on live555, works
restarting to acquire once a bye as been received. You could try with
Openrtsp in a loop.

> Streamed using mplayer (with -rtsp-stream-over-tcp option), and it seems
> to be playing fine.
I suppose mplayer does the same: I haven't investigated the traffic anymore.

I hope this helps.
Regards,
    Sigismondo

Sigismondo Boschi, PhD                     TotalWire S.r.l.
s.boschi at totalwire.it                      http://www.totalwire.it
cell: +39 346 7911896                      tel:  +39 051 302696