[Live-devel] Live stream from network camera to streaming server object

Vadim vadimp at pochta.ru
Sun May 25 08:22:13 PDT 2008

Hi Ross,

   I've successfully implemented the flow described. Thanks
for your
help.

   I have and additional, let's say "architecture oriented"
question.

   I have a video source (remote IP camera).

   I need to implement the next functionality:

   1. The remotely installed camera should be connected
only once
(only one stream should be fetched from it).

   2. I need to implement on demand recording. (I suppose
to do it
from relayed stream to local network, using openRTSP +
videoStreamer
like client)

   3. I also need to have a possibility to access this
(relayed stream
from number of hosts, running Darwin).

   Camera -------> relaying module -------------> recording
module (on
demand)

------?-----> Darwin
(on demand?)

------?-----> Darwin

   I'd like to simplify "packet duplicator" module,
described in the
forum number of times, and to use "relayed" to local
network stream
for that, using openRTSP+videoStreamer.

   (the performance is not an issue, it's just a POC).

   My question is: what is the right way to implement the
interaction
with Darwin?

   Do I need to use a number of DarwinInjectors to stream
to different
Darwin nodes?

   Camera -------> relaying module --------> injector
----------->
Darwin

injector
-----------> Darwin

injector
-----------> Darwin

   Are there some different ways using sdp/darwin/relaying
mechanism?
(smth like "sdp=/path_to_movies_dir_of_darwin/stream.sdp"
option in
VLC, is it similar implementation to DarwinInjector)

   Is this the right way to use multicast in local network
as a
relaying module, or it's better to use unicast like, in
case of large
number of darwin nodes fetching and relaying the stream?

   Thanks a lot.

   I really enjoy the LIVE. :)

   Vadim