[Live-devel] Live555 as a multimedia platform

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Oct 12 01:22:45 PDT 2008

>        Thirdly, we tested testOnDemandRTSPServer and found that it
> can provide mutiple RTSP session
>         simulaneously.We have gone through testOnDemandRTSPServer
> code for mp3 file streaming.
>         But We are not able to find how this code is running
> mutiple session without
>         using thread/process for particular session.

An application using the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code uses a single
event loop - rather than multiple threads- to implement concurrency.

In particular, for a RTSP server, the availability of new file data
is an 'event', which is handled, in this case, by streaming the file
data to the requesting client.  The code can, and does, handle many
different open files (and this clients).

To use the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code, you need to understand
event-driven programming.  (It also helps to READ THE FAQ.)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>