[Live-devel] Some questions need your help!

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Oct 24 14:56:39 PDT 2008

>1. I want to write an application. I hope it can receive and send
>video streaming at the same time. In that case, should I open two
>BasicTaskSchedulers and two UsageEnvironments? Or, just only one
>BasicTaskScheduler and one UsageEnvironment is enough?

You can probably do what you want using just a single event loop.
I.e., one "UsageEnvironment" and one "BasicTaskScheduler".

>  2. I have a device which acts as a real-time MPEG4 video streaming
>server. It resides at rtsp://adm:12345@177.0.0.1:5000/udpstream. I
>can use the example of openRTSP program to communicate with it. But
>I read the example of openRTSP program a lot of times and I still
>cannot understand one thing which is 'Where has the continuously
>received video stream gone?'. Where can I find it?

The output files - named "video-<something>" and "audio-<something>"
- should be stored on your computer, in the same directory from which
you ran the "openRTSP" application.

>  3. This is an extension to question 2. I have objects of
>MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink and MPEG4GenericRTPSink. Which one can be used
>to contain the video stream coming from video streaming server?

Neither of these.  "RTPSink"s are used to *send* RTP data.  To
receive RTP data, "RTPSource"s are used.  This data is then written
to a "MediaSink" subclass - e.g., a "FileSink" (for "openRTSP").