[Live-devel] Problem connecting openRTSP to VLC

Yooval Shabi yooval.from.elta at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 06:01:13 PST 2009

Thanks for the help.

I'm using Windows OS and VLC 1.0.0

I was able to establish communication between openRTSP and
testOnDemandRTSPServer application. openRTSP saved the incoming data to a
file and after renaming it to *.mp3 I was able to play it.

What I'm aware now is that I need to provide openRTSP a port number and a
stream identifier (e.g. 8554 and 'mp3AudioTest' in testOnDemandRTSPServer),
but I do not know what the correct values for connecting to VLC are.