[Live-devel] Implementation of Live555 Streaming media in smart phone

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Fri Jan 9 08:49:08 PST 2009

> Hello!
> I've been using the testonDemandRTSPServer on my computer and it ran ok, I
> could stream an .m4e file to a client. But now, I would like to implement it
> in my smart phone, I mean, I need to get video from my smartphone's camera
> and stream it to a server, but I have a big problem, because I how to
> compile this code in my smartphone or how to have access to the video. Could
> someone help me? I would be very grateful.

This post is largely off-topic. Live555 is written in C++ using no
STL. So it is likely
to work in the simplest environments w/ even very old C++ compilers.
So if you can
dig up a development environment for your phone that has a C++ compiler, you are
likely not going to have trouble w/ Live555. Please consult the communities or
companies behind your phone.

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/