[Live-devel] openRTSP transmission question

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jun 30 07:00:48 PDT 2009

>I'm trying to send JPEG file, and wrote my JPEGVideoSource(), I use
>openRTSP as the client, and my input test file is just a frame, but
>i got some trouble, sometimes openRTSP could got the stream and
>saved, but sometime it didn't - the recived file is 0 byte.....and
>always got "BYE" and "TEARDOWN" msg, i don't know where is something
>wrong, could anyone give the direction to figure out the point or
>how and where to  put some debug code in openRTSP to see if it take
>packets

When you don't receive a frame, it's probably because one or more of
the RTP packets got lost.  If any of the (very many) RTP packets that
make up a JPEG frame get lost, then the whole frame is discarded.

JPEG is a very poor codec for video streaming.  You should use a more
efficient codec (specifically for video) instead.