[Live-devel] timeout doesn't work in RTSPClient

Peter Gejgus peter.gejgus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 01:02:38 PDT 2009

Hello,

Does timeout work in RTSPClient? I slightly modified openRTSP.cpp in order
to use timeout value (in seconds).

I replaced at line 32:

return rtspClient->sendOptionsCmd(url, username, password);

with

return rtspClient->sendOptionsCmd(url, username, password, NULL, 5);

and at line 45:

result = rtspClient->describeURL(url);

with

result = rtspClient->describeURL(url, NULL, False, 5);

But after this change functions getOptionsResponse and
getSDPDescriptionFromURL returned always NULL. Seems, socket wasn't created.
Did I make some mistake or timeout parameter
in RTSPClient::openConnectionFromURL doesn't work?

Best Regards,

Builder