[Live-devel] Too many buffered packets

Rawling, Stuart SRawling at pelco.com
Sat Oct 24 09:30:27 PDT 2009

Thanks Ross,

I checked my code, and I set the threshold to be 100,000 (100ms) ­ which I
deemed to be an appropriate number.  Do you disagree?

One thing I did notice is that my client code could sometimes block
processing of the incoming data.  The block was ocurring outside the live555
thread whilst the live555 receiver was still running.  (All live555 does is
add to a queue to process).   When I reviewed the core dump and the code, I
did not see what the effect of this would be.  It appeared to me that the
live555 thread would carry on running, and the code I was adding to the
buffer would just overflow.

I have fixed the client code blocking, and will wait and see if this comes
up again.

Regards,
Stuart

On 10/24/09 2:47 AM, "Ross Finlayson" <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

> This is strange.  The only possible explanation I can think of right
> now is that perhaps you accidentally called
> "MultiFramedRTPSource::setPacketReorderingThresholdTime()" with an
> inappropriately large threshold parameter, so that you're waiting too
> long for the arrival of an out-of-order packet that turns out to have
> been lost instead.

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this transmission is legally privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entities named above. This email and any files transmitted with it are the property of Pelco. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone call to +1-559-292-1981 or forward the e-mail to administrator at pelco.com and then permanently delete the e-mail and destroy all soft and hard copies of the message and any attachments. Thank you for your cooperation.