[Live-devel] (no subject)

Steve Jiekak devaureshy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 04:38:16 PDT 2009

I think I got the files from this tutorials, and I will try to find it. But
it really deceived me and I found i a bit useless.

 I think you should read the FAQ, which says you need a framer subclass for
H.264. From some sources (it work with files from FFmpeg with default
parameters),
your framer just need to recognize and remove the NALU start code (0x00 00
01) before sending the frame to the sink.
Another thing you have to do (IF YOU'RE USING A RSTP SERVER YOU DONT NEED
THIS) to play using vlc is to be able to provide a SDP description. This
part is tough, and you should  consult the library you use to produce
this description. When you have it, you should transmit it to the receiver
(there is a formal way of doing it , i can't give details) .

if you're using FFmpeg I can help you a little more, but if you want to read
files with differents kind of sources, I can't help you.
Regards, Steve Jiekak