[Live-devel] Streaming RTSP over TCP doesn't work

alpharoot alpharoot at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 22:42:47 PST 2010

Hi,
I am trying to stream video data over TCP instead of UDP (because many
UDP packets lost in my network) but failed.

The rtsp server is the one in testProgs like testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer
(actually I wrote my own application based on the test programs). The
client is VLC player for MS Windows. I am sure in UDP mode everything
is fine because I can use VLC to receive and play rtsp streams. Then I
modified VLC configurations to enable RTSP-over-TCP. I am sure VLC
configuration is correct because it can play rtsp-over-tcp streams
from some test sites.

But with this configuration VLC can't play Live555 streams. Also I
used openRTSP with "-t" option to test the stream and got errors (the
error messages are pasted below).

Does the live555 test programe need to be modified or configured to
support RTSP-over-TCP? Does anyone in the list have a successful
experience?

Thanks.

Below is the ./openRTSP log:
=============================
<snipped>
Created receiver for "video/MP4V-ES" subsession (client ports 8888-8889)
Sending request: SETUP rtsp://192.168.0.131/testStream/track1 RTSP/1.0
CSeq: 3
Transport: RTP/AVP/TCP;unicast;interleaved=0-1

Received SETUP response: RTSP/1.0 461 Unsupported Transport
CSeq: 3
Date: Thu, Jan 01 1970 04:13:57 GMT

Failed to setup "video/MP4V-ES" subsession: SETUP: cannot handle
response: RTSP/1.0 461 Unsupported Transport

--
Bill