[Live-devel] Streaming RTSP over TCP doesn't work

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 13 01:02:54 PST 2010

>The rtsp server is the one in testProgs like testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer
>(actually I wrote my own application based on the test programs).

In general, once you've made changes to the supplied code, you can't
expect support (especially with a "@gmail.com" email address :-), but
in this case the problem is obvious:

>Received SETUP response: RTSP/1.0 461 Unsupported Transport

Our RTSP server implementation returns this error in exactly one
situation: The client is requesting TCP-streaming of a multicast
stream.  That makes no sense.  If you want to support RTP-over-TCP
streaming, then it has to be for a unicast stream, not multicast.