[Live-devel] Streaming RTSP over TCP doesn't work

alpharoot alpharoot at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 04:38:40 PST 2010

On 1/13/10, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:
> > The rtsp server is the one in testProgs like testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer
> > (actually I wrote my own application based on the test programs).
> >

> In general, once you've made changes to the supplied code, you can't expect
> support (especially with a "@gmail.com" email address :-), but in this case
> the problem is obvious:

Sure. I'll only report problems that can be reproduced by the test
programs which are not modified. And this is the case.

> > Received SETUP response: RTSP/1.0 461 Unsupported Transport
> >

> Our RTSP server implementation returns this error in exactly one situation:
> The client is requesting TCP-streaming of a multicast stream.  That makes no
> sense.  If you want to support RTP-over-TCP streaming, then it has to be for
> a unicast stream, not multicast.
Now the question is why the RTSP server always tries to output
multicast stream. Looking at the code in
PassiveServerMediaSubsession.getStreamParameters(), the stream type is
hardcoded as multicast by the line "isMulticast = True;". Is it
intended or it's a bug?

This problem can be workarounded by setting "isMulticast = False;" in
PassiveServerMediaSubsession.getStreamParameters().

--
Bill