[Live-devel] memory leak using tcp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jun 10 17:47:44 PDT 2010

>i built a RTSP-client with the latest source codes based on the
>openRTSP-example to receive H.264, MPEG4 and MJPEG-Streams. Using
>UDP, everything works fine and without memory leaks, but using TCP,
>there are four small memory leaks as reported earlier by Kamil in
>the following thread:
>http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2005-September/003150.html
>
>I was wondering, if these described issues have been solved in the
>course of time?

The thread that you're referring to is almost 5 years old - and I
think that the questions raised there were adequately addressed at
that time.

However, if - after rebuilding your application with the latest
version of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code - you find a memory
leak, then please let us know be telling us specifically where it is;
not just by linking to an ancient email message.