[Live-devel] memory leak using tcp

Alexandr Němec a.nemec at atlas.cz
Thu Jun 10 23:42:20 PDT 2010

Dear Ross & all,

I do not believe that these memory leaks still exist in the current release, some of them are apperently solved in the code.

As it seems to me, only one of the memory leaks was not "adequately addressed" at that time. For this http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2005-September/003174.html issue I could not find any answer or solution neither.

Best regards
Alex

> Od: "Ross Finlayson"
> Komu: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
> Datum: 11.06.2010 04:31
> Předmět: Re: [Live-devel] memory leak using tcp
>
>i built a RTSP-client with the latest source codes based on the
>openRTSP-example to receive H.264, MPEG4 and MJPEG-Streams. Using
>UDP, everything works fine and without memory leaks, but using TCP,
>there are four small memory leaks as reported earlier by Kamil in
>the following thread:
>http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2005-September/003150.html
>
>I was wondering, if these described issues have been solved in the
>course of time?

The thread that you're referring to is almost 5 years old - and I
think that the questions raised there were adequately addressed at
that time.

However, if - after rebuilding your application with the latest
version of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code - you find a memory
leak, then please let us know be telling us specifically where it is;
not just by linking to an ancient email message.