[Live-devel] How to contribute code?

Jeremy Noring jnoring at logitech.com
Mon Jun 21 08:17:00 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 7:18 AM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>wrote:

> I was also not able to find any public git or svn repository for live555.
>> Could
>> you consider to make one?
>>

> No.  We make available - and provide support for - the most recent version
> of the code only.

Just because you use source control doesn't mean you have to support any
random release of the code.  Almost no open source projects I know function
this way; there are clear releases and supported versions.  Is there some
other reason you're opposed to public source code?  It's really difficult
not having a history of changes made (and a changelog is a poor substitute
for source control history), or being able to roll back the library to a
previous version to locate regression.

My $0.02: if you've gone this long without source control, then I don't
expect you're about to change, but you should really reconsider this
decision at some point.